The Idea Behind The Employer’s Corporate
Team Building Football Tournament Series
• Team building has become a milestone in every organization. The Employer’s Corporate FOOTBALL Tournament’s main target is to enhance and develop the team building spirit within organizations
• Each Company creates a team whose aim is to work together to better achieve a common GOAL
• The importance of sports for a healthy work environment
• The wonderful sense of belonging to a certain team, cheering for them, hoping they reach the finals and encouraging them to continue their success
• The need to work on a short term plan and a long term plan to help achieve an even bigger goal!!
Importance of Team Building
• It is very common to talk about “Teams” in the work place. We often hear the words “my team”, “team building” and “unity” among employees, but few understand how to create the experience of team work or how to develop an effective team. Belonging to a team, in the broadest sense, is a result of feeling part of something larger than yourself. It has a lot to do with your understanding of the mission or objectives of your organization.
• In a team-oriented environment, you contribute to the overall success of the organization. You work with fellow members of
the organization to produce these results. Even though you have a specific job function and you belong to a specific department, you are unified with other organization members to accomplish the overall objectives. The bigger picture drives your actions; your function exists to serve the bigger picture.
Linking Football to Team Building
• In the football world, it is apparent that most coaches think of team building in the mental or psychological terms; for example, the mentality of the players and team spirit. They are of course, essential. Only with these as the basis, is it possible to perfect team tactics.
• The better the mentality of the players, the better the environment is for the coach to work on the tactical team building process. Also essential is the player's willingness or readiness to work on team tactics in training so as to bring them to life as efficiently as possible in a match (in combination with a winner's mentality of course).